An opportunity for our family to share thoughts and memories and the recipes of Christmas with each other. We should think about our family with more love and forgiveness at Christmas time as we remember the birth of the Savior. Please feel free to post your Christmas pictures, memories and recipes. Most years we don't have the opportunity to get together and this way we can feel connected even when we are far apart.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas for Mom and Dad

This was a very weird way to spend Christmas and I do not recommend it to anyone.
The good part was that we drove out to Oakley and spent time with Shaunika and Jason and Samantha, Alison and Jacob for Christmas Eve.
When we came home we made sure that my suitcase was packed and we went to bed. Santa came while we were sleeping and left us a few items. I think if we had not needed to get up and going for the morning flight we might have slept in and enjoyed a leisurely day.

But no,we got up, at breakfast,and opened gifts. I got exactly what I asked for: a tall white bookshelf for the small room upstairs, a new DVD/VHS player, and a Wilton Chocolate melter. Kirt wasn't that impressed with what he got- a hot pink travel alarm(pink so that it doesn't get lost in his drawer, so he will remember to take it when he travels on business), and a Cuisinart ice cream maker and book of recipes. (I thought since he likes to have people over for ice cream that would combine the best of both worlds...the verdict is still out whether we will keep it or not)He also got a new rake- he asked for that, and actually picked it out.

We reweighed my luggage and made some changes then drove me to the Sacramento Airport. I flew to SLC and was supposed to have a short lay-over and then on to Twin Falls by 6:00. Weather was not good, and there was problems with the airplane so they had to get a different one- consequently, I didn't arrive in Twin Falls until about 10 pm- or maybe it just felt like it. Craig picked me up, Judy had gone to bed, but Shana was still up. I ended up sleeping there for a few days until Carol left at GG's, then I went over there and vacuumed, cleaned, etc. etc. and then stayed there until I came home on the 5th of January at about 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment